- 4 red snapper fillets or 4 other firm fish ( about 1 1/2 pounds raw fish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( depending on how hot you want it)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix them all spices and dry ingredients in bowl and mix as well.
- Shatter the spice combine onto a flat plate.
- Press the fish fillets firmly into the spices, coating both sides.
- Heat the olive oil until and almost smoking in a large heavy skillet.
- Bake the fish about 2 minutes per side and then move to other side for 2 minutes and fillets than ¾ inch thick.
- Proceed the time slightly for thicker fillets.