Country Fried Catfish
- 1 lb catfish nuggets or 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cold water
- 2 cups canola oil
- To start heat oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet to 350°F.
- Mix all (dry) ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dip cat fish in cold water, then coat with dry mix.
- Place cat fish in hot oil carefully not to burn your own, (do not above crowd fish).
- Fry till golden brown (about 6 to 7 minutes) then remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
- Suggested side dishes, fried potatoes and onion and golden hominy and hush puppies