- 2 lbs bass fillets, 8 ( cleaned and de-boned)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 -2 cup flour ( extra-fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 3 cups Crisco
- Place cleaned and deboned bass fillets (preferable small mouth bass but works with a large mouth and bluegill fillets too) in a large zip and lock bag.
- Cap with milk and seal bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, and dry fillets on paper towels. Season on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat each fillet with a wondra flour.
- Meanwhile, preheat Crisco in iron skillet on normal high heat.
- Fry fillets in ½ of melted and hot Crisco on normal high heat. Fro about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels when it’s done.