- 2 lbs trout ( Whole or Fillets)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- First of all Rinse the trout under cold running water (or in the beautiful mountain lake and stream you caught them in).
- Pat and dry.
- Splash with salt and pepper (I take a zip lock baggie in my pack with salt, pepper, garlic and powder mixed together).
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet on the medium and high heat.
- Coat the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess.
- When the butter is melted, then place the coated trout, flesh side went down, in the skillet.
- Fry 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and fry 5 to 6 minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky.(trout may be seasoned with garlic or onion powder before frying if desired I also take a lemon with me to squeeze over the peak).